First of all, I wanted to thank you for visiting my website. I hope you will stay for a little while and check out some of my art, photography, (and artwear that I now offer at my Etsy Store).
I am a self-taught artist, born in Detroit, Michigan USA. On the personal side, I had a very hard childhood, having only my art (and my siblings). My art was my “way out” to escape reality. My twin sister and I were “aged out of the foster-care” system, turning shy of 16-years old. Art was the only thing in my life that gave me stability.
In the 1980’s, I started designing clothes under the label “LaShong”. My clothes were used on a local TV show and one movie. My clothes were also sold at a few local malls and I had well over 200 fashion shows during this time. In addition, I had been commissioned by a local college to paint large canvas sports figures and wildlife for collectors out of state.
While wildlife is my passion to paint, I recently discovered colored pencils art and now is fascinated with working with the media creating any type of subjects! Now I am able to create art anywhere with colored pencils, (and not wait for the paint to dry or clean up after each “sitting”). Currently I am using my Chinese family background of Feng Shui work and working on a few series of original artwork that correlates to the classic Feng Shui methods. (Feng Shui is the use of energy “chi” to harmonize individuals with their surrounding home and office environment.)
As you can see here, not only do I sell my art prints, I also offer my art in different forms for purchase! You can now purchase them on clothing, bags, and other products! This is SO exciting for me! If you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know and I will add it to my collection here!
In addition to my art, for over three decades, I am also a professional photographer and teach fitness. I am so excited to share my art with the world…. 🙂 This is going to be so fun!
Now for the questions that my clients/students often ask me:
- I do not believe in diets. Portion control and eat only when hungry is what I do. However, I admit that I do not eat right all the time, but when I do eat, I try to eat healthy.
- I teach for selfish reasons. I gain so much from teaching! I met all of my close friends from my classes. I love to help people achieve their goals! I also teach to keep my own life active (I need the motivation too sometimes).
- I have a fear of public speaking! (Yes, that is true!) This is another reason why I teach fitness… I have a strong fear of talking in front of the public AND in my classes!
- I chose to never drink alcohol or take recreational drugs.
- My life is hectic just like everyone else. I cannot understand this, but so many people think that my life is “easy and stress-free”. I can assure you that that is far from the truth! I too have my deadlines, pet-peeves, Type I Personality, and am a total perfectionist! LOL
What I truly believe: I laugh all the time, (most of the time at myself). I don’t care what people think of me and when I make my ugly faces or say things that doesn’t make any sense, I laugh even more! Stay positive…Laugh often…Learn to breathe.
To learn more about what we do, please visit our twin site by clicking here...